Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group is the world leader in niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid path technologies. We are a rapidly growing organization, and are currently looking for a key individual to assist us in continuing this growth. We are an equal opportunity employer offering an excellent salary and benefits package and a comfortable, friendly work environment. Come join a company where you can make an impact in providing quality products to an expanding marketplace.
The Materials & Purchasing Manager is a management level position with responsibility to provide results- driven leadership to the purchasing, planning, and warehouse/assembly departments. Key areas of accountability include hands-on participation in day to day department activities, planning, purchasing, inventory control, supplier management, resource management, training, budgeting, and implementation of best practices. Continuously improve supply chain activities to reduce costs while improving customer satisfaction levels.
- Manage and monitor performance of direct staff for the following functions: purchasing, planning, and warehouse/assembly departments. You will mentor and assist in quality recruitment, development of staff, and delivery of results that meet or exceed planned expectations
- Support President with operational improvement strategy
- Overall responsibility for ensuring performance in alignment with ISO quality, safety, and environmental standards. Drive a safety conscious culture that ensures compliance with all statutory and corporate standards
- Monitor progress against plan through regular reporting for on-time delivery, warehouse and assembly productivity, backlog, inventory accuracy, vendor performance
- Responsible for the master planning schedule that ensures material availability as required to support production schedule and achieve customer delivery requirement
- Collaborate with supply chain partners and internal departments to optimize/reduce cost and inventory levels while ensuring quality and customer delivery requirements are met
- Manage supply chain partners including qualification of new suppliers, compliance with company sustainability policy, and ensuring delivery and quality performance targets are achieved
- Design, implement and/or standardize methods for process controls and process improvements. Specifically for warehouse operations, supplier delivery performance, material non-conformance and material shortages
- Assume management role in support of physical inventory control and accuracy. Coordinate with other departments to ensure inventory cycle counts are effective and accurate and discrepancies are investigated using RRCA methods
- Member of the Global Excellence in Manufacturing team driving continual improvement in manufacturing and supply chain processes and efficiency.
- Coordinate the activities of the Root Cause Corrective Action process (RCCA) to resolve the Company’s major material problems
- Ensure regular auditing and root cause analysis to drive continual improvement and to document/implement corrective and preventative actions where needed
- Collaborate with department heads to generate weekly sales forecast.
- Identify, evaluate, plan and implement operational process and cost saving improvements within functional areas of responsibility
- Work with the senior management team in the generation of the annual plan budget, including supporting analysis and aligning departmental initiatives and budgets to overall company strategy
- Achieve sales performance and operational costs within plan and latest estimates.
- BA/BS degree in business administration, material management, manufacturing or similar discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of materials management, procurement and supply chain experience. Manufacturing environment a plus
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning software (materials management, routing, production planning, procurement and distribution). 4D or Microsoft Dynamics AX experience a plus
- Must have proven track record of customer focus and support of internal and external customer requirements
- Strong ability to manage through operational changes in process, environment and resources
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to work on multiple priorities at once
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources develop/recommend/implement solutions
- Ability to grasp and understand overall business processes while being able to perform and validate the processes at the detail level
- Proven ability to resolve problems independently and take appropriate action in a timely manner
- Proficient in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Skype for Business
- Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed
- Previous management experience in a similar role
- Ability to interpret drawings and prints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English is required.
For further details or to apply, please contact Bill Mandel (WMFTG Asepco) Bill.Mandel@wmftg.com