Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group is the world leader in niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid path technologies. We are a rapidly growing organization, and are currently looking for a key individual to assist us in continuing this growth. We are an equal opportunity employer offering an excellent salary and benefits package and a comfortable, friendly work environment. Come join a company where you can make an impact in providing quality products to an expanding marketplace.
The Operations Manager is a senior management level position responsible for strategic management of all operational functions of Flow Smart. As a member of the senior management team, the Operations Manager works closely with the President, Controller, and Production manager to develop and deliver strategies for continual improvement in the area of operational excellence that align with a sustainable business strategy for safety, customer satisfaction, sales growth, productivity, and profit performance.
Functional Area Management
Manage and monitor performance of direct staff in the functional areas described below. You will mentor and assist them in quality recruitment, development of staff, and delivery of results that meet or exceed planned expectations.
Customer Service and Shipping
- Direct management responsibility over the Customer Service and Shipping Manager
- Identify customer service trends and determine system changes required to improve customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Manage backlog, meeting on-time delivery objectives and sales plan
- Review and approve price changes if applicable
- Understand the details of all products, materials, part numbers, customers, and industry regulations to ensure excellence in technical support.
Quality System Management
- Direct management responsibility over the Quality Control Manager
- Overall responsibility for ensuring performance in alignment with ISO quality, safety, and environmental standards
- Collaborate with Production Manager to ensure quality standards are defined and met
- Ensure regular auditing and root cause analysis to drive continual improvement and to document/implement corrective and preventative actions where needed
- Governance over continual improvement projects to ensure on time, on budget, on quality project performance. Requires ability to manage and mobilize cross functional teams.
Supply and Inventory Management
- Directly manage the Buyer/Planner
- Measure trends and forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs, ensuring accurate stock levels and efficient stock turns
- Understand the products and services of all vendors. Drive planning and purchasing strategy through measuring, analyzing, and communicating vendor performance to meet Flow Smart's business objectives and Group standards.
- Manage and improve all operational systems, processes and policies in support of the company’s mission. Oversee the implementation of systems from concept to full function
- Develop and drive consistent, sustainable high performance along a balanced scorecard of operational KPIs for the business
- Chairperson of the Environmental Health and Safety program and team. Driving a safety conscious culture that ensures compliance with all required OSHA, ISO, and corporate standards
- Directly oversee facilities management, ensuring a safe, clean, and efficient place to work for our employees that is compliant with local, state, and federal laws
- Manage local Information Technology (IT) service provider to ensure systems remain aligned with Group strategy
- Team member in new product launches, ensuring supply, supporting systems, and quality systems are in place for success
- Work within the senior management team in the generation of the annual plan budget, including supporting analysis and aligning operations initiatives and budgets to overall company strategy
- Monitor progress against plan through regular reporting, including quarterly reassessments of a Latest Estimate (LE)
- Ensure operational departments are in full compliance with Group Internal Controls through a documented system of policies, procedures and delegation of authority
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or operations management or equivalent is required.• 3-5 years’ experience in operations management with improvements to P&L achieved through system evolution
- Good analytical skills are required along with excellent human relations and communication skills
- Must have strong leadership skills with an ability to manage people in a challenging environment that is constantly developing
- Have a history of successfully executing plans and reporting success through metrics
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, ability to prioritize
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develop/recommend/implement solutions
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to resolve problems independently and take appropriate action in a timely manner
- Ability to present organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Keen understanding of need for timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English is required
- Proficient in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Skype for Business
- Functional knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. Microsoft Dynamics AX experience a plus
- Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed
For further details or to apply, please contact Lou Bongiorno (WMFTG Flowsmart) Lou.Bongiorno@wmftg.com