Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group is the world leader in niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid path technologies. We are a rapidly growing organization, and are currently looking for a key individual to assist us in continuing this growth. We are an equal opportunity employer offering an excellent salary and benefits package and a comfortable, friendly work environment. Come join a company where you can make an impact in providing quality products to an expanding marketplace.
The Quality System Manager provides oversight and management for quality systems and compliance activities within the Flow Smart manufacturing site. This includes managing and facilitating quality system implementation, standardization, and routine operations. You will ensure compliance with all applicable legal, ISO, and regulatory requirements.
- Strategically align Quality with the company strategy
- Foster a high-performance culture through active leadership and create a strong sense of accountability within the department
- Manage QA personnel, including organizing and prioritizing daily tasks, performing training, and writing performance reviews
ISO Quality System Management
- Design, implement and/or standardize methods for process controls and capabilities, process improvements, measurement systems and calibration
- Deliver semi-annual internal audit of all Quality System work instructions
- Monitor and advise on performance of the Quality Management System. Provide monthly and quarterly reports to management on the performance against target metrics. Implement a strategy for continual improvement
- Deliver the above activities required to maintain ISO 9001 certifications for the company. Implement within 24 months of hire ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
- Liaise with ISO accreditors for annual external audit and periodic recertification audit
- Maintain training records for the company.
Direct Ownership of SOP’s and Quality Measures
- Collaborate with all department heads to ensure all WMFS SOP’s, work instructions and related quality documents are properly maintained, approved and communicated
- Responsible for defining and maintaining all Cleanroom gowning procedures
- Responsible for defining and managing all Cleanroom cleaning procedures
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing inspection measures, reporting on and analysing data measurements against set standards
- Manage internal and external audits, preventive maintenance, calibration, and pest control.
Corrective and Preventative Actions
- Coordinate the activities of the Root Cause Corrective Action process (RCCA) to resolve the Company’s major quality problems
- Responsible for generating, communicating, and maintaining all Non-Conformance reports and Corrective and Preventative Action reports.
- At least 5 years of experience working in Quality Management at a manufacturing facility. Must demonstrate experience in all the core functional areas
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or operations management is preferred
- Good analytical skills are required along with excellent human relations and communication skills
- Experience with an electronic Quality/Document Management System
- Must have strong leadership skills with an ability to manage people in a challenging environment that is constantly developing
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, ability to prioritize
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develop/recommend/implement solutions
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to resolve problems independently and take appropriate action in a timely manner
- Ability to present organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Keen understanding of need for timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English is required
- Proficient in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Skype for Business
- Functional knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. Microsoft Dynamics AX experience a plus
- Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed
For further details or to apply, please contact Lou.Bongiorno@wmftg.com