Purpose of the function
Support the WM Alitea OEM team with the design, development, construction, testing and validation of changes to the Alitea standard range of products in order to support customization requests from end customers. Provide all relevant technical and administrative support that is embedded in the associated engineering activities. Provide technical input and support in the Group NPD process of developing new panel mount products.
Typical activities (as minimum required)
- Cost effective development of the customization of mechanical parts of the Alitea product range to ensure the adaptation fits the customer required specification
- Translation of customer request to a set of design specifications
- Use of 3D CAD software and calculation software to design changes and perform risk assessment of the parts to be developed
- Provide proper technical documentation that will be used on company website, brochures, datasheets and manuals
- Work with the test engineer to prepare test programms and then supervise delivery with appropriate evaluation of data.
- Prepare and safeguard planning of activities. Report deviations from planning in both time and cost to Group OEM engineering manager.
- Provide creative and engineering input for the NPD process to ensure WM Alitea remains seen as market leader
- Ensure a proper workplace is maintained in accordance with GEM principles
- Have knowledge of all relevant policies and regulations required from Group, ISO systems, EHS and other engineering standards and be able to implement them during engineering design changes
- Maintain technical files in accordance with the above regulatory standards where required.
- Have regular contacts to suppliers of goods and services to ensure we remain updated on newest technologies applicable for the engineering task at hand
- Have regular contacts with group OEM engineering manager to ensure proper exchange of information on current and future projects, priorities and workload
- Integrate with all relevant WM Alitea forms of communication and meetings, share relevant progress on projects to keep people informed and departments aligned in expectations.
- Responsible for the correct control and revision of all drawing by means of ensuring all changes are logged through the Windchill application software. (product data management).
- Report progress on projects to group OEM engineering manager in a clear and agreed manner.
- Support OEM engineering team with all relevant activities needed to deliver a commercially interesting solution to an end customer
- Support Complaints Engineer with technical evaluation of a complaint where required.
- Support Non Conformity Root Cause investigations to mitigate recurrence of Non Conformity.
- Support Supply Chain department with relevant product spec’s in order to check and assure the quality of the goods delivered.
- Support Supply Chain Department and Quality manager with technical analysis in situations of non-conformity deliveries and or Supplier selection
Complexity of the function:
The function is aimed at the development, design and construction of modifications to Alitea OEM pumps and accessories. Ensures cost-conscious development and construction of the mechanical pars of the pumps (and possibly their drive), on the basis of information obtained about product use, requirements and conditions. Accuracy is required when engineering, constructing, calculating and identifying risks.
Time pressure arises as a result of the need to prioritise between deadlines for multiple projects. Deadlines are often set by customer need.
The level of work and thinking is equal to BSc Mechanical Engineering, supplemented by thorough product and range knowledge, design for manufacture and assembly, technical requirements, specifications, pricing and pricing policy. Knowledge of design techniques (FMEA, value engineering, design for assembly), design systems (3D CAD and FEM), product data management, product configurations, company resources, applicable guidelines, standards and procedures are important. Knowledge of English will be required for reporting and communications inside and outside the factory.
Independence of the function
The timing of activities is bound to the project planning and the milestones that result from it. Is able to prioritize within these frameworks. The approach of the work is bound to the wishes and requirements of the (internal or external) customer and applicable methods and techniques for the engineering process. Inventiveness is important for finding the optimal solution for the customer.
The supervision is indirect and takes place through consultation moments. The choices to be made are operational and tactical in nature and relate to the progress and quality of the own work and the work of others. The decisions relate to the progress and the quality of the work to be delivered.
Has internal contact with colleagues within Alitea and with the OEM engineering manager, aimed at discussing ambiguities, coordinating project-specific issues and solving problems. In addition, has contacts outside its own department (Purchasing, Sales, Production and Assembly), aimed at finding the customer needs, causes for product failure and obtaining the necessary materials. These contacts are important for the progress of own work and that of others.
Has external contact with suppliers, focused on providing appropriate technical specifications in support of Purchasing dept. when setting up supply chain agreements. Maintain relationships with suppliers to gather knowledge about new techniques, technologies and products. These contacts are important for the progress of the projects and the achievement of the highest possible customer satisfaction.
Faults and inaccuracies in work can lead to design errors or delays in projects, resulting in financial damage and image damage. The chance of timely detection and rectification of errors is mainly based on self-control and control by the OEM engineering manager. Discretion is required with regard to competition-sensitive product information.
The work is carried out in office c2onditions. The work is mainly performed whilst sitting. Works more hours behind a screen throughout the day.