Sinusoidal pumping animation
The MasoSine Certa pump is a highly reliable and economical Positive Displacement Pump for food and beverage applications. Our exclusive sinusoidal rotor overcomes the limitations of conventional rotary lobe pumps to produce powerful suction with low shear, low pulsation, and gentle handling…all with simple and fast maintenance and 3-A certification.
MasoSine engineers have overcome the limitations of conventional rotary lobe pumps to create one of the most efficient and reliable positive displacement pumps available.
MasoSine's exclusive single shaft and single sinusoidal rotor are the centerpieces of an innovative, simple design. With a single shaft and rotor, there is no need for the complex timing gears and multiple seals associated with conventional rotary lobe pumps. One rotor, one shaft and one seal equate to simple and economic maintenance.
Highly reliable MasoSine positive displacement pumps are the result of over 25 years of engineering innovation and product development. Customers benefit from less waste and faster processing with low shear, high suction, low pulsation, gentle handling of whole foods or highly viscous products, and simple economical cleaning and maintenance.
Maintenance takes minutes and can be performed in-place by a line operative. Replace off-the-shelf wear components to restore to “new pump” performance.
- A single sinusoidal rotor creates four evenly sized chambers as it rotates
- Fluid is “pulled” through the inlet into each chamber in turn
- The chamber rotates, contracts, closes then discharges fluid through the outlet port
- The opposite chamber opens to draw in more fluid, resulting in a smooth flow with virtually no pulsation
- A gate functions as a seal between the inlet and outlet of the pump, preventing fluid escaping
- Simple maintenance performed in place by a line operative
- Bi-directional running enables duty fluid to be returned to source
- Separation between the wet end and dry end ensures no contamination
Engineers in food and beverage plants are frequently faced with pumping high viscosity products ranging from frozen orange juice, deli salads and bakery produce, to cheese curd and savoury pie fillings. Certa meets the highest standards in hygiene and cleanability combined with improving process efficiency and minimising total cost of ownership.
Cleaner than any lobe or circumferential piston pump
- EEHEDG Type EL Class I
- Now with EHEDG Type EL Aseptic Class I
- All contact parts FDA and EG1935 compliant
Virtually pulse free
- Smooth product flow, no need for ancillary dampeners
- Up to 99,000 l/h, 8 million cP and 15 bar
Low shear handling
- Prevents aeration foaming
- Virtually eliminates waste of raw ingredients
Lowest cost of ownership
- Reduced CIP cycle and reduced cleaning agents
- Greatly reduced electricity consumption, reduced carbon footprint
- Up to 50% less power consumption than lobe or circumferential pumps
- Higher energy efficiency at higher viscosities
MasoSine Energy Efficiency (Mee) curves demonstrate how the sine principle requires less power to operate in viscous applications. The curves demonstrate clearly how MasoSine pumps help organisations achieve greater sustainability
Handling fruit juice concentrates with high viscosity can make pumping slow and prone to cavitation. This is especially true if the temperature drops below 0°C, at which point viscosity will make a step increase.
When viscosity increases, the maximum running speed of a lobe or circumferential piston pump needs to be reduced considerably to avoid cavitation, so reducing the achievable flow rate. Additionally, power consumption drastically increases as the rotors cut through the thicker fluid.
With Certa, changing to a higher viscosity product has negligible impact on the flow rate or power required. For example, increasing viscosity from 20,000 cP to 200,000 cP nominally increases the viscous horsepower (VHP) by around 0.1 to 0.3VHP (0.22 kW).
- Lower net positive suction head requirement (NPSHR) to minimise potential for cavitation
With demand for fresh bakery products rising globally, bakers are seeking improvements in processing everything from dough and batter, to confectionery fillings and frostings. Competition is fierce and product quality becomes a vital element of sales success.
Viscosities can register in the thousands, or even millions of centipoise, often requiring costly oversizing of lobe and circumferential piston pumps to handle the high viscosity and reduce shear.
- Certa’s gentle product handling capabilities and low shear conveys ingredients and mixes without degradation to improve product quality and appearance
In the cost conscious dairy sector, finding ways to reduce costs is a major challenge and one which the Certa pump easily solves. Its outstanding gentle pump principle allows customers to handle their delicate products with the care they deserve.
The Certa pump series has full EHEDG Type EL Aseptic Class I certification which allows usage within aseptic processes without the need for additional certification.
- The simplicity of the new Certa pump reduces your CIP cycle and the amount of water and cleaning agents required
Handling particulates and soft solids
When inclusions such as soft fruit, diced vegetables,cooked pulses or meat are present, the Certa pump handles these soft solids without blockages andwithout causing damage to the ingredients.
- Certa delivers up to 99,000l/h, 8 million cP and 15 bar
- Standard ports to suit your application, including DIN, TC and SMS with customised options on request.
- A space between the wet end (pumphead) and power end (bearing housing) of the pump, ensures fluid drains away in the event of a seal failure, eliminating the risk of contamination
||Maximum particle size
||Volume per revolution
Certa 250 dimensions
The European Hygienic Engineering & Design Group (EHEDG) is a consortium of equipment manufacturers, food industries, research institutes as well as public health authorities and was founded in 1989 with the aim to promote hygiene during the processing and packing of food products. More
3-A SSI is an independent, not-for-profit corporation dedicated to advancing hygienic equipment design for the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industries.
FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation.
REGULATION (EC) No 1935/2004 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 October 2004 on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food
ATEX Directive (2014/34/EU): Machinery and equipment manufacturers, their authorised representatives, importers, or any persons responsible for placing a product on the market, must ensure that equipment falling under the ATEX Directive (2014/34/EU) prevents, or limits the impact to an adequate level of safety, an ignition of explosive atmospheres. As a visible sign of compliance with ATEX, the CE marking must be affixed to the equipment.
The video shows the MasoSine Certa pumps’ ability to clean in place even the toughest substances. For the purposes of this demonstration, mustard has been pumped and allowed to dry. Just cold water without a cleaning agent is then run through the pump, removing all traces of the mustard with ease.
Certa pumps are:
- Designed for CIP cleaning and SIP sterilisation
- Cleanability proven by EHEDG and 3A
- Food compliance materials: FDA and EG 1935