Company is a manufacturing organization based in Milpitas, California, at the southern end of San Francisco Bay. The company is a manufacturer of stainless and stainless steel alloy products for the biopharmaceutical industry. Company is a subsidiary of a global leader in fluid processing equipment.
Primary interview with Finance Partner
Secondary interview with President, Regional Director
Department: Accounting resource under Controller includes a Bookkeeper who processes all invoicing, cash collections, credit hold and release transactions, vendor invoices, cash disbursements and payroll
Location: Milpitas, CA
Reports to: President
Purpose of Role
- The Controller oversees all aspects of accounting and finance operations within Company and is ultimately responsible for maintaining a strong system of accounting records, internal controls, budgets and forecasts designed to continually improve financial performance, mitigate risk, and enhance the accuracy of the reported financial results
- As a member of the senior management team, the Controller is also a key contributor towards developing and delivering strategic business initiatives that grow sales, increases productivity, and trading profit.
- Core responsibilities include accounting department management, financial reporting, maintenance of internal controls, overseeing employee payroll and benefits, and strategic management contribution.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Management Responsibilities
- Assist the President in the generation of the annual plan budget, including supporting analysis and benchmark key performance indicators.
- Aid in mentoring non-financial managers of operational departments in developing stronger budget awareness, minimization of waste, and ownership of the financial impacts of their decisions.
- Contribute to risk mitigation through the vetting and approval of significant Company contracts, inclusive of large purchase orders, long term contracts, leases, insurance contracts, and other such matters.
- Provide financial analysis where needed in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, commission calculations, operational improvement projects, contract negotiations.
- Contribute as a senior financial team member on business development initiatives such as:
- Geographic expansion initiatives: including planning and achieving distributor to direct sales conversions.
- Major operational process improvements: including the eventual deployment of a new ERP/CRM system (Microsoft AX), replacing legacy financial systems.
- Supervise and monitor performance of the bookkeeper.
- Overall responsibility for an accurate chart of accounts and KPIs, credit controls, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed asset register, and bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure proper inventory valuation via a robust cost accounting system. Monitor and control the investigation of purchase price and stock variances, making recommendations on potential improvements in stock maintenance.
- Oversee and ensure on-time delivery of reports inclusive of:
- Monthly Flash, Management accounts, Gross Margin, people costs, and general overhead trend analysis vs prior year and budget.
- Monthly departmental expense reports.
- Quarterly Latest Estimate reporting and analysis of performance vs plan assumptions.
- Interim and Full Year Consolidation accounting packs and supporting analysis.
Internal controls and audits
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal government tax reporting and filing.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and tax preparers, ensuring that all queries are answered to their satisfaction with target dates met for timely response.
- Maintain full compliance with Internal Controls through a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, and delegation of authority. Serve as primary liaison with internal auditors, driving improvements where processes are not sufficient to evidence full compliance.
- Communicate updates and changes to controls as appropriate with employees.
Payroll and Benefits
- Manage routine payroll and benefits processing.
- Perform review of all payroll amendments and bonus calculations, reconciling all changes in accordance with internal controls.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA Required
- 4+ years of accounting experience.
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills.
- Exposure to the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Collaborative approach towards work
To apply send a Resume to email@example.com