Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is acknowledged as the world leader in niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid path technologies for applications requiring accuracy, hygiene and low operational cost. WMFTG serves customers across a wide range of manufacturing industries such as pharmaceutical, medical diagnostics, water treatment, and food and beverage. A subsidiary of the Spirax-Sarco Engineering Group (LSE: SPX), WMFTG operates ten world class factories located in Europe and the USA. We trade throughout the world primarily through wholly owned subsidiary direct sales companies operating in the major economies around the globe. Come join a company where you can make an impact in providing quality products to an expanding marketplace.
For our Aflex Engineered PTFE Hose division we are now hiring an Aflex Sales Specialist. The Sales Specialist will drive the sales strategy and develop the customer base through Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Food and Beverage markets in a territory covering the states of California, Oregon and Washington. The Sales Specialist will provide focus and develop the knowledge base of products to our sales teams to enable successful lead generation and growth while conducting business in accordance with WMFTG’s core values. The Sales Specialist will leverage their background and experience to support the sales team to drive effectiveness throughout the sales process.
Responsibilities of the Product Sales Specialist:
- Work with the sector Sales Managers to establish Aflex PTFE hose growth targets and develop sales strategies that are in line with the WMFTG group strategy for growth.
- In direct contact with end-users, engineering companies, integrators etc. through sales calls, lunch-and-learns seminars exhibitions etc. create opportunities for Aflex Hose.
- Cultivate and maintain Aflex product expertise of sales channels and sales engineers to identify, specify and successfully market Aflex products.
- Field questions from sales teams and customers related to Aflex applications, products, maintenance and design, solving what you can, and escalating to appropriate channels as required.
- Provide support for marketing collateral, advertising materials, marketing campaigns, trade shows and other promotional activities.
- Assist in new product introduction and release activities.
- Address customer issues and concerns in a timely fashion to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain complete documentations for all product related activities
- Administer & maintain accurate records on CRM system.
- Provide market intelligence, competitor and industry trends to management to contribute to accurate reporting and forecasting.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Requirements of the Product Sales Specialist:
- Two to four year’s related of value based sales experience of engineered products preferably within fluid path solutions like hoses and fittings.
- Have a proven track record of and understanding of working with industrial process equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Fluid handling experience and knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical equipment. Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high professionalism.
- Proficient in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Skype for Business.
To apply, send a resume to Amy.Bullock@wmftg.com.